Many Android 5.1 users reported that the battery life is improved. And the OS is faster than before. Lollipop 5.1 has some new Features like Support of Dual Sim Cards, Improved Anti-theft Protection, Volume Tweaks and many more.
1. In Quick Settings the Wi-Fi and Bluetooth quick access Buttons are now clickable. Which means if you click on the Wi-Fi drop down button it now shows a mini menu with different Wi-Fi connections inside quick settings.
2. The same goes for the Bluetooth button no need to go to Settings app to connect to different Wi-Fi and Bluetooth. You can change connections through the Quick Settings menu.
3. Android 5.1 have the ability to change the system volume when an audio or video is playing in the background.
4. When you swipe up a notification instead of dismissing it forever it’s just going to be kept for later, you can see it anytime on your notification tray
5. Android Lollipop 5.1 can recognize Wi-Fi connections without internet Connection and it will be Great if the Phone reconnect to internet automatically.
6. Android 5.1 have the HD voice support for T Mobile and Verizon
7. Supports for two SIM cards if you have the phone that’s capable accepting Dual Sim cards.
8. This one is a Life Saving Feature, On Android 5.1 is specifically for the Nexus six the anti-theft device protection is Improved basically if someone tries to and wants to wipe your phone Data’s they had to enter the Account Password of the last two Accounts on that specific Android device. If you have a Nexus and a secure lock screen like a pin pattern or password and sign in to at least one Google account device protection should be already enabled.
9. There are new animations for the auto rotate portrait mode button in the Quick Settings menu.
10. Screen Pining is now shows which buttons to press to leave screen pining mode otherwise it works like before.
11. The clock have some new animations when you press each individual buttons you can see the new Animations.
12. Inside the Settings app go to the running Apps and applications or services you can now see the 3D icons art now changed to a much flatter material look.
13. In the lock screen swiping outside the Quick Settings area will unlock the phone rather than swiping the Quick Settings away to see the lock screen just making easier to get your home screen quicker
15. Last but not least editing a contact looks much cleaner and simpler now with a few material design elements.